Nunthorpe Academy has an established Parent Voice Group (PVG) formerly known as the Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The membership of the PVG is drawn from those who are presently parents / carers / family relations of current students at the academy or have been in the past, or are staff of the academy.
PTA-UK membership number 32818
Charity Registration Number 1135797
PVG is a great opportunity to become directly involved with the academy, through volunteering time and talents. Nunthorpe Academy and the PVG would like you to join, providing support to the development of the academy and bringing a new voice to the academy.
Support for PVG can be extremely flexible – from attending PVG run events through to a more active role on the Committee – all help is welcome! PVG have regular meetings which are informal and short in duration. Many ideas are shared such as how fundraising can fit in with the curriculum and how funds could be raised and spent. We also hold an Annual General Meeting at the start of every new academic year.
Our aims are:
- Care for the academy and all those who work in it;
- Fund raise for the academy;
- Organise social events to bring children, young people, adults and the local communities together;
- Provide support for academy trips and outings and other special events;
- Be a voice within the academy – creating a partnership between the academy and parents; and
- Contribute to the wider community which the academy serves.
- Chair: Karen Deen – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Colin Gent – email@example.com
- Treasurer: Helen Bullivant (Parent) – firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear your suggestions for future fund raising initiatives or events and would also welcome feedback on past events that you may have attended. Please contact one of the Committee members listed above or email PVG@nunthorpe.co.uk. Thank you.
Agenda + Minutes of previous meetings
To view an archive of the minutes from previous meetings and Agendas for upcoming meetings please use this link.
Have you discovered The Giving Machine yet?
Please sign up. Without a doubt the easiest way to raise funds and you don’t have to spend a penny! All you have to do is register with the Giving Machine, go shopping via the Giving Machine (this bit is very important!) click on the store that you want to visit and voila – free money for our academy! The Giving Machine can be accessed by clicking the following link: School Fundraising Ideas and Charity Fundraising – The Giving Machine.
If you are interested in joining the PVG and/or would like further information please contact Karen Deen or email PVG@nunthorpe.co.uk.
Future PVG meeting dates (to be held in the Sixth Form Conference Room 7-8pm unless stated otherwise):
- Monday 16th October 2017 – 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Tuesday 5th December 2017 – 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Thursday 8th February 2017 – 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Wednesday 28th March 2017 – 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Monday 21st May 2017 – 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Tuesday 10th July 2017 – 7:00 – 8:30pm