Student Voice, in its present form, was established in September 2008 and is managed by the Director of Student Leadership. We currently have forty-five dedicated and enthusiastic members.
Areas of Responsibility
The Student voice structure is divided into three areas of responsibility:
- Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 subject Leaders for all subject Areas;
- A Pastoral Leader for each House;
- Working Group Representatives.
Student Voice meets every month. It is at these meetings that the progress of current projects are discussed and new projects are initiated. Each project has its own sub-committee and leader.
In addition, pastoral Leaders attend house meetings and subject leaders attend continuous professional development meetings where student’s issues and concerns are discussed with teaching staff.
Student Voice keeps its fellow students informed through its web page, its newsletter and its assemblies.
If you are a student and you have an issue that you would like us to deal with talk to a Student Voice member or put a note in the Student voice box in the foyer. If any student wants to attend a Student Voice meeting, just ask and you will be invited as a guest. Remember, our aim is to “Let Everyone’s Voice Be Heard.”
What is Student Council?
Student Council is the student body which represent students. It is made up of all representatives and committee members. There are 5 commitees each with an SLT link:
- Behaviour – K. Kell;
- Standards – D. Jeffery;
- Environment – A. Armstrong;
- Safety – B. Shaw;
- Enrichment – K. Deen.
What are the responsibilities of Student Council?
- Represent the voice of the students;
- Debate, discuss and agree issues arising, and where appropriate refer them to the SLT;
- Mandate, hold to account and receive reports from the Executive Committee who are responsible for representation, campaigning work and the implementation of policy;
- Bring a vote of censure or a vote of no confidence against a member of the Executive Committee where necessary;
- Ratify the appointment of External and Student Trustees, who have overall responsibilites for the affairs of the Union.
How to get involved?
All good ideas start with a conversation. When you have an idea or want something new, we’re here to help you make it happen. Submit it, get your friends to support it and together we’ll put it into action.
The Student Council meets every 2 weeks on a Wednesday 3.15 – 4.15pm, in room NL1.
If you would like to be part of this group please come along to one of our meetings. Your voice is important within the Academy.
The dates of the meetings in the Autumn Term are as follows:
- 12 September 2018;
- 26 September 2018;
- 10 October 2018;
- 24 October 2018;
- 7 November 2018;
- 21 November 2018;
- 5 December 2018;
- 19 December 2018.
If you have any questions please speak to Mrs Deen or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Student Council Members
|Head of Student Council|
|TBC – Election Wednesday 22nd 2017|
|Environment Committee Head|
|Safety Commitee Head|
|Behaviour Committee Head|
|Standards Committee Head|
|Extracurricular Committee Head|